Indoor Air Quality
- Automatic Shut-Off Valves
- Backflow Prevention
- Bathroom Plumbing
- Emergency Plumbing
- Gas Piping
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Slab Leak Detection and Repair
- Sump Pumps
- Video Pipe Inspection
- Water Leak Detection
- Main Water Line
Water Treatment Systems
Drain and Sewer
Water Leak Detection in Sacramento, CA
The pipes of a home plumbing system are built with longevity in mind. But older pipe material, such as steel and iron, can corrode, and even newer materials are subject to developing leaks and breaks. At some point, most homes will face trouble with leaking pipes wasting water and causing building damage. It takes a professional to repair these leaks—but it also takes a professional to find them in the first place.
Leak detection is a special plumbing skill that calls for training and special tools. The licensed plumbers on staff at Crystal Blue Plumbing, Heating & Air are more than able to deliver water leak detection for your home in Sacramento, CA and the surrounding areas. We always stand behind all of our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We offer “Customer Service the Way It Used to Be!”
How to Tell You Have Hidden Leaks
The trouble with leaks that require special detection methods is that they’re hidden. If they’re hidden, how can you tell you need to search for leaks in the first place?
The answer is you have to do some detective work; watch for evidence leaks are occurring. Below are some of the more common clues that you need to fix a leak with the help of plumbers:
- High water bills: Do you have an idea of how much water your family uses per month? It shouldn’t vary much, so look over your history of bills to get a sense of it. When this amount starts to rise and you can’t account for it, you probably have leaks.
- Discoloration spots: If you see brown or reddish marks on the drywall in your house, it often means water is seeping out behind it from a pipe. You may also see these marks on the ceiling. Never ignore a water stain on the ceiling!
- Warped floorboards: Here’s another way to tell water is starting to damage building material from leaks. If the leaks are under the floorboard, it will cause warping as well as bumps.
- Drop in water pressure: The more leaks are occurring, and the more water escapes the pipes, the more water pressure will start to drop—and it will become noticeable.
How We Find Water Leaks
There are a number of methods we use to pinpoint leaks when you suspect they’re present. One of our best tools is training: our plumbers can use their knowledge to narrow down probable locations of leaks. After that, they put into play a number of devices to pinpoint the leak.
For precision, video pipe inspection equipment is the best: cameras mounted on long fiber optic cables are inserted into the drainpipes or clean–outs and send back images to monitors. Other tools include acoustical listening disc and thermal scanners. We can see that the minimal amount of building damage is done to reach the leaking pipe.
Arrange to Fix a Leak in Sacramento, CA
You can see why leak detection and repair is a task that must only be done by professional plumbers. As soon as you have suspicions there are leaky pipes in your house, call Crystal Blue Plumbing, Heating & Air. We also recommend scheduling leak detection every few years even if you don’t notice anything wrong. It’s a good preventive step and will provide you peace of mind that the pipes in your house are in good shape.
We provide full plumbing services in Sacramento, CA. We aren’t just here for repairs today, but to provide you with long–term plumbing solutions.