Indoor Air Quality
- Automatic Shut-Off Valves
- Backflow Prevention
- Bathroom Plumbing
- Emergency Plumbing
- Gas Piping
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Slab Leak Detection and Repair
- Sump Pumps
- Video Pipe Inspection
- Water Leak Detection
- Main Water Line
Water Treatment Systems
Drain and Sewer
Indoor Air Quality Services in Sacramento, CA
People often think of air pollution as a problem that only occurs on the outside of buildings: smog, haze, and other environmental hazards drifting through the open skies. But numerous studies have shown that the air inside buildings can often be three to four times more polluted and unhealthy than the outdoor air. So it’s true that going outside for fresh air is good for you. But what can you do about the time you have to spend indoor with stale and polluted air?
Dealing with low indoor air quality is an important part of what we do at Crystal Blue Plumbing, Heating & Air. We can help improve your household’s indoor air by removing contaminants such as radon, lead dust, harmful fire retardants, formaldehyde, volatile organic compounds, and old fashioned dust and lint. We offer a variety of IAQ solutions and air quality systems in Sacramento, CA and the surrounding areas. Speak to our team today, and you’ll receive the customer service you deserve—as well as the air quality you deserve.
Why Homes Suffer from Low Indoor Air Quality
You want to think of your house as a clean place, but the trouble with low indoor air quality comes from things over which you have little control. Modern homes are constructed with insulation and heat sealing to help them remain energy efficient around the year. But this insulation against the outside ends up trapping contaminants indoors without fresh air to remove them.
These various airborne pollutants arise from numerous sources: cleaning products, hobby products, combustion processes, building material, paint, plastics, mattresses, mold growth, and any dust and dirt brought in from outside. These contaminants can cause everything from minor irritation to major medical problems.
A Few of the Air Quality Systems We Work With
Now we’re getting to the good news: ways we can purify and clean the air in your home of these pollutants.
- Air Filters and Air Purifiers: These are the backbone of improving IAQ in homes. Filters inside the ventilation system trap larger particles, while electronic air purifiers target smaller contaminants that may pass through filters. We work with special UV air purifiers designed to eliminate mold spores, germs, and bacteria.
- Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers: For proper comfort around the year in a house, you’ll need to control humidity levels; too dry or too humid are both trouble. These extremes can also cause health problems. We’ll balance your indoor moisture levels with a whole–house humidifier or dehumidifier.
- Heat and Energy Recovery Ventilators: If a big part of the problem with air quality is lack of ventilation, why not find a way to bring fresh air into the house without hurting energy efficiency? Well, there is a way: heat and energy recovery ventilators.
Rely on Us for a Healthy, Comfortable Home in Sacramento
Along with the air quality systems we just listed, there’s another important way to protect indoor air quality: properly maintaining your heaters and air conditioner. A dirty HVAC system will contribute dust into your home’s air.
Even bad plumbing can lead to air quality trouble, since leaking pipes trigger mold and deadly mold spores. Crystal Blue Plumbing, Heating & Air is a full–service HVAC and plumbing company, and our Crystal Blue Service Club will take care of your heating, AC, and plumbing around the year. We’re proud to offer "Customer Service the Way It Used to Be!" in Sacramento, CA and the surrounding areas.