Indoor Air Quality
- Automatic Shut-Off Valves
- Backflow Prevention
- Bathroom Plumbing
- Emergency Plumbing
- Gas Piping
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Slab Leak Detection and Repair
- Sump Pumps
- Video Pipe Inspection
- Water Leak Detection
- Main Water Line
Water Treatment Systems
Drain and Sewer
Boilers in Sacramento, CA
Boilers have a long history as an alternative to furnaces when it comes to home heating. Where a furnace (as well as a heat pump) raises the temperature of air and then uses a blower fan to send the heated air through ducts to the rooms, a boiler spreads heat through radiant energy. Water heats up in the boiler system’s tank, and then travels to terminal points around the house, such as radiators and baseboard heaters. The temperature of these points rises, and heat then radiates into the rooms to provide comfort.
Not all HVAC contractors in Sacramento, CA and the surrounding areas work with boiler systems. But at Crystal Blue Plumbing, Heating & Air we’re proud to make boiler installation, replacement, repair, and maintenance a regular part of our extensive comfort services. We’re reliable and abide by a strict code of ethics. That’s how we can provide “Customer Service the Way It Used to Be!” We do have our limitations however and currently do not service oil or steam boilers.
Boiler System Benefits
Furnaces are the most common type of heating system found in homes. But this doesn’t mean a furnace is necessarily the best heater for every home. Boilers offer a number of excellent advantages:
- Energy savings: Water is a better heat transference medium than air. A boiler uses less energy to provide the same amount of warmth as a furnace.
- Even heat distribution: Because boilers and heat pumps send heated air out of vents, the warm air tends to first gather at the top of the room and take a long time to evenly spread. Radiant heat from boilers spreads faster and more evenly.
- Longevity: Because boilers have fewer mechanical moving parts, they don’t wear down as fast as other types of heaters. And this means fewer repairs as well.
- Improved air quality: Without dusty ductwork allowing contaminants to get blown out into the air each time the heater comes on, boilers help reduce airborne pollutants.
Are You in Need of Repairs for Your Boiler?
Although boilers are better when it comes to how many repairs they may need over their lifetime, they aren’t infallible. When you have a boiler that isn’t working the way it should—making strange noises, developing corrosion, struggling to heat rooms evenly—you can’t attempt to fix it yourself. Most boilers run from natural gas, and in most jurisdictions it’s illegal for anyone but a licensed professional to work on an appliance connected to a gas main. But even electric boilers must have the work of a professional. You can count on our experts to have your home’s boiler system up and working again.
Call Us for Boiler Service in Sacramento, CA
At Crystal Blue Plumbing, Heating & Air we take pride in creating long term relationships with clients. We aren’t just here to help with repairs: we want to help you with receiving great heating and energy savings year after year. Our boiler service for Sacramento, CA and the surrounding areas is the service you deserve, no matter if it’s a small fix when a boiler overheats or a complete new boiler system installation. Along with our many boiler services, we provide a maintenance plan, the Crystal Blue Service Club, to keep boilers running for years with few problems. Contact us today for more details or to schedule service. Please be advised, we currently do not service oil or steam boilers.