Indoor Air Quality
- Automatic Shut-Off Valves
- Backflow Prevention
- Bathroom Plumbing
- Emergency Plumbing
- Gas Piping
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Slab Leak Detection and Repair
- Sump Pumps
- Video Pipe Inspection
- Water Leak Detection
- Main Water Line
Water Treatment Systems
Drain and Sewer
Thermostat Installation and Replacement in Sacramento, CA
The way you control how your air conditioning and heating system works is as important as how it works. The thermostat is an essential part of an HVAC system, and having the right one in place is critical for optimal AC and heating performance. Unfortunately, homeowners often overlook thermostats when it comes to improvements, repairs, and replacements, and they end up with an HVAC system that doesn’t live up to its potential and wastes energy.
We understand how thermostats can make a huge difference in comfort and energy savings. After all, we’ve been in business since 1976 and have seen firsthand how the technology behind climate control has grown and changed. We provide complete service for thermostats, from thermostat replacement to basic repair service, to Sacramento, CA and the surrounding areas. At Crystal Blue Plumbing, Heating & Air, we stand by our motto: “Customer Service the Way It Used to Be!”
Problems from a Faulty Thermostat
Problems with an air conditioner or heater can often be traced back to a malfunctioning thermostat. If the thermostat is sensing incorrect temperatures, even by only a few degrees, it can cause the AC or heater to behave erratically and waste power. If a thermostat loses its connection to the HVAC system, it will prevent it from turning on—or make it run without stopping.
Another thermostat problem we sometimes see is when the unit is placed in a location in the house where it picks up false readings, such as in direct sunlight or located near drafts. In these cases, the thermostat needs to be re–positioned.
Thermostat Types to Consider in Sacramento
The standard thermostat type for many years was a manual model with a mercury sensor. These are long out of date, and newer, more accurate thermostats have come along. If you’re looking for thermostat replacement or installing a thermostat along with a new HVAC system, here are some of your options:
- Digital thermostat: The simplest, no–frills digital thermostat is still an improvement over manual models because of improved temperature precision. However, we recommend a programmable model, which gives you better control over household comfort. You can set the heater or AC to turn on a half hour before you get home or to greet you when you get up in the morning.
- Wireless thermostat: You don’t have to actually be in front of the thermostat to control it. Wi–Fi–enabled models put the power of comfort control into your smart phone, laptop, or tablet. You can control the thermostat from anywhere you have an Internet or satellite connection.
- Smart thermostat: Why not let the thermostat do all the hard work for you? A smart thermostat learns from your history of settings, and then develops its own program to maximize savings. The current Wi–Fi smart thermostats are the cutting edge in comfort control technology.
Only Contact Professionals for Thermostat Replacement
We need to caution you about upgrading your home’s thermostats with new technology. You may invalidate the warranty on your HVAC system because of putting in a different thermostat. A mismatch between the HVAC equipment and the algorithms of an advanced thermostat can end up damaging the system. This is why it’s essential you contact Crystal Blue Plumbing, Heating & Air before you purchase a new climate control system. We’ll help guide you toward the right new unit, and then ensure it is installed properly. Trust us for all your Sacramento, CA comfort needs!