Hot Water Heaters in Sacramento, CA and the Surrounding Ares
Hot water heaters come in a wide variety of sizes and designs to match varying needs. It is important to carefully consider your specific requirements before selecting the ideal unit. Some of the key considerations in this regard include energy efficiency and type of water heater. Whether you pick hot water heaters / tankless water heaters, the unit should fit into the available space. An energy-efficient model saves you money in operational costs.
Types of Water Heaters Available on the Market
- Solar water heater – provides a more affordable option
- Tankless or demand-type water heaters – water is heated directly, which eliminates the need for a storage tank
- Conventional storage water heater – comes with sizable tank
- Tankless coil and indirect water heaters – takes advantage of space heating system to heat water
- Heat pump water heaters – capable of transferring heat from one place to another as opposed to direct heat generation
Choosing Your Water Heater
Some of key considerations when selecting a water heater include:
- Fuel type – determines the operational costs, energy efficiency and size of unit
- Costs – estimating the annual costs of running a heater allows you to make a good choice
- Size – selecting the ideal ensures sufficient supply for your family while maximizing efficiency
- Energy efficiency – this aspect helps maximize use and cost savings
Tankless Water Heaters
Also known as demand-type or instantaneous water heaters, the tankless variants eliminate costs associated with standby energy losses. The units are designed to provide hot water only when needed. This gives tankless water heaters an advantage over storage units with a tank. They produce hot water whenever the tap is turned on. Cold water is transferred into the unit, which uses either an electric element or gas burner to heat water.