Indoor Air Quality
- Automatic Shut-Off Valves
- Backflow Prevention
- Bathroom Plumbing
- Emergency Plumbing
- Gas Piping
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Slab Leak Detection and Repair
- Sump Pumps
- Video Pipe Inspection
- Water Leak Detection
- Main Water Line
Water Treatment Systems
Drain and Sewer
Slab Leak Detection and Repair in Sacramento, CA
One of the hardest plumbing repairs is detecting and fixing a slab leak in the foundation of a home. These leaks are hidden from sight and difficult to access. And they certainly can’t be repaired by an amateur or a homeowner with DIY dreams. When you need to have a slab leak found in your house and fixed, only call on licensed professional plumbers.
Crystal Blue Plumbing, Heating & Air has more than 40 years of experience taking care of the plumbing needs of homes in Sacramento, CA and the surrounding areas. The number one goal of our plumbers is to provide you with the customer service you deserve. That’s why our slogan is: “Customer Service the Way It Used to Be!” We stand behind all our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
What Exactly Is a Slab Leak?
The term slab leak is one professional plumbers use to refer to pipe leaks located in either the cold or hot water lines in the concrete foundation of a house. Slab leaks present significant problems for a home, since they lead to water waste, cause the water heater to waste energy, lead to mold and mildew growth, and can damage the home’s foundation.
The majority of slab leaks (80%) occur in the hot water lines, which expand and contract, creating abrasions leading to the leaks. There are other possible causes for slab leads, such as corrosion and chemicals in the water.
How to Know You Need Slab Leak Detection
"If the leak is in the concrete under my house, how will I be able to know it’s there?" It’s a good question. You have to know the signs to watch for that will tell you it’s time to call plumbers for slab leak detection and slab leak repair:
- High water bills: You have a good idea of you regular water use from month to month. (If you don’t, take a look over your past utility bills.) A sharp increase in gallons–per–month often means you have a major leak somewhere in the house—and a slab leak is a prime candidate. Leak detection will discover where the leak is and how to fix it.
- Strange water heater behavior: Since most slab leaks occur in hot water lines, leaks will cause the water heater to turn on and off at times it shouldn’t. If you notice the water heater coming on when no one is using hot water, you may have leaks hidden in the hot water lines in the foundation.
- Sound of running water in the basement: If you can hear water running when you’re in the basement but can’t find the source, the cause might be a slab leak.
- Cracks in the basement floor: As a slab leak continues, it will build pressure until it causes cracking to appear on the concrete, i.e. the basement floor.
Slab Leak Repair in Sacramento, CA
Once you suspect a slab leak, call Crystal Blue Plumbing, Heating & Air and our plumbers will find the location of the problem using tools such as video pipe inspection equipment and listening devices. When we find the trouble source, we can take various approaches to the repair. We may not even need to do excavating, but instead solve the problem with a lateral bypass to get around the leaking pipe.
Our plumbers have the best training and equipment to make each job go smoothly, no matter how large. Entrust us with your slab leak detection and repair needs in Sacramento, CA and the surrounding areas.