Indoor Air Quality
- Automatic Shut-Off Valves
- Backflow Prevention
- Bathroom Plumbing
- Emergency Plumbing
- Gas Piping
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Slab Leak Detection and Repair
- Sump Pumps
- Video Pipe Inspection
- Water Leak Detection
- Main Water Line
Water Treatment Systems
Drain and Sewer
Heat Pumps in Sacramento, CA
A heat pump is a two-in-one comfort system combining the cooling power of a central air conditioner with an energy-efficient electrically powered heating system. The weather in Sacramento is ideally suited for using a heat pump around the year for household comfort: the cooling mode is powerful enough to handle even the hottest days, and the mild winter conditions make the job of the heating mode easy.
Crystal Blue Plumbing, Heating & Air works with air conditioner and heat pumps, and we can answer any questions you may have if you’re thinking of arranging for a first time heat pump installation. For those who already have a heat pump system, we’re ready 24/7 to help with repairs. Or you can call us for bi-annual maintenance or an eventual heat pump replacement service. “Customer Service the Way It Used to Be” is our motto!
How a Heat Pump System Both Heats and Cools
The magic of a heat pump is that it isn’t two different systems packaged into one unit. It’s a single system that functions in a way that it can either bring heat into a house (heating mode) or remove the heat from inside the house (cooling mode). It only takes an adjustment on the thermostat to change from one to the other.
How does a heat pump pull off this little miracle? It’s actually quite simple: a heat pump is an air conditioning system that can change the direction it works. An AC circulates refrigerant in order to absorb heat along the indoor coil and then release it through the outdoor coil. A heat pump has a component called the reversing valve that changes the direction refrigerant flows, and this causes the two coils to swap functions. Now heat is absorbed along the outdoor coil and released through the indoor coil.
Why You Might Consider a Heat Pump Installation
A heat pump provides a few benefits for homes:
- Heating and cooling: This is the big one. For a household planning to replace both the AC and the heater, a heat pump is a space–saving and money–saving option.
- Energy efficiency: In heating mode, a heat pump is a far more energy–efficient system than other electrical heaters like electrical furnaces and boilers. A heat pump only uses electricity to move heat from one place to another, rather than create it through electrical resistance.
- Safety: Households with concerns about using natural gas or heating fuels to power their heating systems won’t have any worries with a heat pump. They run on electricity and create no hazardous emissions.
Heat Pump Repair and Maintenance in Sacramento, CA
When a heat pump struggles to heat or cool, it becomes stuck in one mode, or anything else malfunctions with it, you can reach Crystal Blue Plumbing, Heating & Air any time of the day or night for heat pump repair service. To help see your heat pump encounters as few problems as possible, we also offer heat pump maintenance through our service club. Call us today for more details, or to schedule the heat pump service you need in Sacramento, CA. We’ve been in business since 1976, and we always make customer service our number one priority!