Carbon Monoxide Basic Facts
Carbon Monoxide (CO) can’t be smelt or seen, but at high levels it can kill someone in minutes. It is the leading cause of poisoning death, with over 500 victims in the United States every year.
(CO) Basic Facts
- Hundreds of people die every year from carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.
- Carbon monoxide in the home can come from many sources.
- Prevention is the key to protecting you and your family.
- Make sure your CO alarm meets the requirements of Underwriters Laboratories (UL) or International
- Approval Service (IAS).
- Have a qualified HVAC technician inspect your furnace, wall furnace and stove/range annually.
Problems that could indicate improperCOSources Crystal Blue Plumbing Heating Air appliance operation:
- Decreasing hot water supply.
- Furnace unable to heat house or runs constantly.
- Sooting, especially on appliances and vents.
- Unfamiliar or burning odor.
- Increased condensation inside windows.
- If you experience CO poisoning symptoms, get fresh air immediately and go to an emergency room.
Carbon Monoxide Basics
- Install carbon monoxide detectors
- Before each heating season, have qualified professionals inspect your heating appliances
- Every few months test and check batteries for (CO) detectors
For more heating tips visit our heating tips .Is your heater not producing any hot air? Call Crystal Blue Plumbing, Heating & Air, your Sacramento heater specialists, now at: 916 577-5020
Let Crystal Blue Plumbing, Heating & Air get you back to enjoying the warmth again as soon as possible!