Indoor Air Quality
- Automatic Shut-Off Valves
- Backflow Prevention
- Bathroom Plumbing
- Emergency Plumbing
- Gas Piping
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Slab Leak Detection and Repair
- Sump Pumps
- Video Pipe Inspection
- Water Leak Detection
- Main Water Line
Water Treatment Systems
Drain and Sewer
Zone Control Systems in Sacramento, CA
Central heating and cooling is one of the greatest residential inventions. Using a single system, you can send warm or cooled air to rooms throughout your house. But what if you don’t want to send conditioned air to every room hooked up to the ventilation system? If there are empty rooms, why bother heating and cooling them? And what if some rooms need more heating or cooling than others? The standard central HVAC system doesn’t offer you control over individual room comfort. Buta zone heating and cooling system changes this.
We recommend customers gives serious consideration to having a zone control system as part of any new HVAC system installation. Our technicians can also find ways to retro-fit an existing system with zone air conditioning and heating. All you have to do is contact Crystal Blue Plumbing, Heating & Air in Sacramento, CA to learn more about how we can upgrade your comfort.
How Zone Heating and Cooling Works
To divide a home into different "zones" where the climate can be controlled separately, the HVAC system must have dampers installed into the ductwork and have a variable speed fan. The dampers in the ducts can shut down airflow to particular zones while the fan modulates how much it works to prevent high pressure within the ducts.
When a certain zone makes a request for cooling/heating (i.e. a person sets the temperature using a local thermostat for the zone), a central control opens the damper to that zone. The system monitors temperatures in the various zones until all requests are filled, then closes off the vents one at a time to retain air pressure balance.
The Benefits of Zone Air Conditioning and Heating
You can probably imagine some of the advantages of having a zone control system in your house. Let’s go over the main ones:
- Lower energy bills: For large homes, or homes with rooms that are often empty (e.g. guest rooms), a zone control system can cut down on energy waste. You only need to cool/heat the rooms that need it.
- No more "thermostat wars": A thermostat war is what happens when family members can’t agree on the temperature of the house. Not everyone has the same comfort requirements, but thanks to zone controls, each person can set the temperature in their own area to match their needs.
- Even heating and cooling: Proper use of zone controls will help spread comfort more evenly through a house. Pouring hot or cold air into the whole house at once often leads to hot and cool spots. With zone control, you can better manage the flow of comfort.
Trust the HVAC Experts in Sacramento, CA
Crystal Blue Plumbing, Heating & Air started in business in 1976, and we’ve continued to grow because of our dedication to providing the finest customer service and abiding by a strict code of ethics. That’s why our motto is "Customer Service the Way It Used to Be!"
We want to help your home by doing more than repairing a broken AC or heater. Our goal is to form a long–term relationship and improve your comfort with services such as installing a zone control system. We’re here to provide you with the service you deserve.