5 Tips to Get You Ready for Fall and Winter
Getting your home ready for the cooler temperatures of fall and winter can be a challenging but rewarding experience. Cleaning and organizing the interior and exterior of your home is an important part of preparing for the winter months. In addition, weatherproofing your home will assist you in reducing your heating bills and conserving energy.
- Fall cleaning is one of the ways that you can prepare your home during this time of the year. Over the summer sand, grass and bugs can all make their ways into your home. As such it is important to take the time to thoroughly clean windowsills, entryways, vacuum flooring and steam clean carpets.
- Home maintenance issues should also be addressed in the fall prior to the arrival of cold weather. Make sure that your heating system and/or fireplace is in good working condition. Chimneys and flues should be properly cleaned so that hazardous materials are removed. Having an energy audit conducted is also a helpful tool to ensure that the home is not drafty and that all your doors and windows are properly sealed.
- Weatherproofing is also an important task to undertake during the fall. Check the insulation in your attic and ensure that it is adequate and add additional insulation if needed. Fall is also the perfect time to replace or repair any windows or doors that might allow heat to escape during the winter.
- Fall is also the perfect time to treat your lawn and clean the exterior of the home. Plant grass seed during the fall months to ensure a healthy lawn come spring. Gutters should also be cleaned and any debris that have accumulated in the yard over the summer should be removed.
- Stocking the kitchen is also important particularly for busy parents with school age children. Fall is a perfect time to stock the kitchen with healthy after-school snacks and drinks. In addition, the kitchen should be stocked with ingredients to make hearty meals during the cold months to come.
Need fall maintenance for your plumbing and HVAC systems? Crystal Blue Plumbing, Heating & Air is your local specialist in Roseville and the Sacramento area! Give us a call today at 916-577-5020! We offer preventative maintenance plans for your plumbing and HVAC systems–check ours out here .